Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Cake

I LOVE Chocolate Fudge Cakes! I love the rich deep chocolate that just melts in your mouth! I dont really like chocolate candy bars, but i love the chocolate flavour, weird.




We were having a friend over for dinner. Since it was just one dinner guest, I had some extra time to try out some new recipes. I tried out two new recipes, Aloo Tikkies, which I will be posting soon. And the other one was for dessert. This was the first Fudge cake that I have tried, and did not have high hopes for it.


I was intrigued by a recipe from http://junglefrog-cooking.com/chocolate-fudge-cake/. There seemed to be tricky steps involved like melting the chocolate, and whisking the egg whites! But thought to give it a try. Oh boy! This cake is amazing! It tastes best warm, with a little bit of whipped cream and raspberries.


 

My dinner guest loved it, and we did have about half a cake left over. But Hubby and me finished it over the weekend! I was glad that I baked it in a class cake pan, because I was able to just store it in the fridge and heat it up in the microwave when necessary.




CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKES

Ingredients:

185 gr good dark chocolate, chopped
185 gr butter
4 eggs, split
110 gr. sugar
55 gr ground almonds
3 tbsp flour
pinch of salt
3 tbsp sugar, extra

Directions:

  • Heat the oven to 180°C.
  • Put chocolate and butter in a saucepan and, on a very low fire, stir untill melted and smooth. Set aside.
  • Mix eggyolk and the sugar and whisk untill light and creamy. Add the chocolate mixture, almonds, salt and flour and mix with a spatula.
  • Whisk the eggwhites untill forming stiff peaks. Add the sugar slowly untill the mixture is shining. Mix the eggwhites through the chocolate mixture with a spatula.
  • Grease an ovenproof dish or 6 ramekins of about 250 ml each.
  • Put the mixture in and put them in an ovendish.
  • Pour hot water into the dish so the ovenproof dishes are halfway in the water. bake for 25 minutes or untill they are done.
  • They should be baked on the edges and outside but still slightly soft on the inside.
  • Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream!
For 6 people.
Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment